Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A reason to smile

I got an e-mail from my third host mum!  It was a big surprise, because I haven't got any information about my host families so far.  In that post she told me about her family and their life.  They sounded nice, so I'm really excited.  

Even though there has happened a lot of positive things in last few days, I can't say that the only emotion I'm feeling is joy.  I can't even describe my feelings in this very moment.  I'm happier and sadder than ever; both at the same time.  I mean that I can't wait to fly to Australia, but at the same time I'm feeling unbelievably sad.  That's so weird!  I know that I will meet a lot of interesting new people and make a lot of friends, but still, I miss my family and friends already. :DD

But now I'll tell you only about the happy things, the families!  My other host families have sent no e-mail to me yet, but I got an e-mail from Rotary club of Singleton.  In it was a little bit of information, and that's what I will share with you right now.

Family number one: 
In this host family there will be four daughters!!!  I have only one brother, so I'm looking forward to having sisters.  Two of them are younger than me, and the other two are older than me.  I'm really happy that one of them will attend to the St. Catherine's College.  I was afraid that there will be no one I know, so this makes me feel comfortable.  The mother of this family has been an exchange student in Sweden, so she speaks Swedish.  I'm sure that I'll look like a totally idiot, because she has to be so much better in Swedish than I am (Swedish is not my strongest subject, such a shame).  It's a bit embarrassing, because as you may know, Swedish is the second language here... Oops. :D

I really don't know who the family number two is, so that's why I can tell you nothing about it yet.  Believe me, I'll tell right away when I know more! 

So, the family number three:
There will be three boys, but only one of them is still living in the home. He is few years older than me.  I'm looking forward also this family, because in my family I'm the oldest child, so I think being the youngest will be nice change.  It was the mother of this family who sent me that nice e-mail. Because of that I know more about this family than about my first host family.  So, in that e-mail my third host mom told that she is half Estonian. That was great, because Estonia is so close to Finland.  I've been there couple of times, and she told that she has been in Finland many times, too.  I think it's really nice, because she knows the place where I'm from.  I think it's really great that Rotaries there found that kind of families for me.  I mean both of the families have some connection to Northern Europe and in my opinion that's really, really cool! :)

And then one more thing!  My Rotary blazer is in the post office, and I can't wait to have it!  I guess we'll pick it up tomorrow, so you'll see pictures of it soon.

Finally happy,

Liisa 

No comments:

Post a Comment