Monday, April 11, 2011

New twists

Today I had my first training for exchange year.  It lasted two hours and we talked about important things.  I was sooooo nervous, because I thought we would have to do something difficult.  I imagined that it would be some kind a test, but I was so wrong... We said our names and told where we are going, and what the reason is. That's it!  For the rest of the time we just listened to people who have been exchange students.  They shared their stories, and told us their experiences.  People there also told us things, which are important to know when we go to our host families in different countries.

Main points were:
-  How should we behave towards our host families?
-  Can our parents come there for a holiday?  If yes, when?
-  What do we pay for ourselves, and what do our host families pay?
-  What's the school like there and how much time should we spend to it?
-  How much we can use your mobile phones and computers there?
-  Who can we talk to if we have some kind a problem?
-  When do we fly there?

And so on.  It sounds unbelievable boring, but when it's you who is going abroad, you suddenly become interested in things like that...

The next "training session" is in May and it lasts all day.  Our parents will come there, and then we'll talk about practical things, like buying flights. We'll also try on Rotary blazers, those formal, deep blue ones...  We will have a lesson, where somebody tells us about country where we are going.  I get more information about Australia, and its culture and just living there.  I can't wait!

At the moment really happy (and T I R E D...),

Liisa 

No comments:

Post a Comment