Saturday, May 21, 2011

Route to Australia

I promised to send a post about my flights, so here it is.

The next thing I have to do is tell the travel agency what airport my first Host family wants me to arrive to.  When I've told them that information, they'll book me flights from Helsinki, which is the capital of Finland to Singapore (I guess that we're going to change the plane in Copenhagen), and from there to Australia.  We have to go to Singapore, because we have there some kind of camp where I'll meet all the other Finnish exchange students, and have the last training for our exchange.  In Singapore we have million things to do, for example night safari, training sessions, bamboo boat trip, tour in Chinatown and in Little India, trip to Sentosan, etc.  This all sounds so interesting that I CAN'T WAIT!  : D

If you want dates, here they come:

Tuesday 19.7. Helsinki-Copenhagen      (this flight takes 1h 40min)
Tuesday 19.7. Copenhagen-Singapore   (this flight takes 12 hours)

Wednesday 20.7. - Saturday 23.7.  time in Singapore

Saturday 23.7. Singapore-Sydney         (this flight takes 7h 45min) 

The only problem in this whole thing is that the travelling agency should book the flights now, but I don't know who my Host families are.  Therefore I obviously don't know where they want me to arrive, OUCH.  I'm sure that I will fly to Sydney, but do I need another flight from there to for example Newcastle???  I don't know, so I can't get the flights yet.  It would be good to book the flights as early as possible, so this is a very stupid situation!

I thought that I'm almost ready to go, but it's not only that pink suitcase which I have to worry about.  I have million things to do: those business cards, pins, souvenirs from Finland, visa application, vaccination, official certificates of my health conditions, and so on.  Argh, so nerve wracking! When you think you have done everything, you remember couple more things which you haven't...

a bit frustrated,

Liisa 

No comments:

Post a Comment