Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Road trip

Finally, finally, finally ! ! !  Waiting for some evidence from our road trip? Here it comes!  :)  I might have already told you some things as I made super quick updates along the way, but this is meant to be a proper one covering the whole trip.

Just to get started and make it a bit easier for you to follow what I'm talking about: this is our route.  So as you can see; doable in 12 days, but still quite a bit of driving.  We started our little family holiday by spending two days in Sydney.  After coming back to Singleton on Thursday (and participating my Rotary club meeting), we left on Friday afternoon after visiting my school. My family flew back on the Sunday afternoon, so we came back the Saturday lunch time, just to have enough time to spend with my first family.

* By pressing these little stars after the names of the places we went to, you'll get into a post with photos from there.  Hope it's not too confusing!  (:

TUESDAY: My family flies in at 6.05, so I'll wake up at three o'clock and my counselor and I drive to Sydney.  After picking them up from the airport we go to the Sydney Harbor to have a little breakfast all together before my counselor leaves us to drive back.  My family and I discover Sydney* together the rest of the day (and go to bed really early as they suffer a bit of jet lag hehe :P).  And my mum and I, just because we are the only ones awake at that point of night, see fireworks over the Harbor, how great timing! (:

WEDNESDAY: Ferries, buses, trains, Harbour Bridge, NSW Art Gallery (+Picasso!), Bondi Beach, The old part of Sydney, and my favorite one; The Observatory hill on night time.  Couldn't have a better end for such a great day!  (:

THURSDAY: Leaving to the airport to pick our car at three o'clock, just on time to get to Singleton at six to the Rotary meeting (not).  After making my dad to drive with an odd car, automatic as he has never driven one before, on the wrong side of the car, on the wrong side of the road, we all giving tips without GPS or proper maps...great time...we finally arrive to Singleton and actually make it to the Rotary meeting.  Phew.

FRIDAY: Leaving Singleton after showing my family the school I go to.  We leave later than we were planning so we end up spending the night in Port Macquarie*; not a bad place to be!

SATURDAY: From Port Macquarie to Brunswick Heads*.  We were thinking of going to Byron Bay as it's a small beach place many people go for holidays, but because it was Saturday night there wasn't room anywhere and we ended up driving a bit more.  We stayed the night in Brunswick Heads and had the best Mexican food for dinner.  (:

SUNDAY: Heading to Brisbane!!  And when getting there driving around for god knows how many hours trying to find a place to stay at.  600 dollar suite...hmmm...NEXT!  Finally found a nice place to stay at, just a bit out of Brisbane*.  We had a nice night in Windsor and decided to stay another one in the same place.

MONDAY: Brisbane!!!  Sightseeing tour, look out over the whole city, Gardens, Art Gallery, River cat  up and down the river and a bit of shopping. What a day! (:

TUESDAY: Starting to head back to Singleton.  We decided to go inland as we went up on the coast. Staying the night in Armidale*.

WEDNESDAY: Lets keep going.  After a short drive getting to Laurieton*; nice place just below Port Macquarie.  We decide to stay all of our three remaining nights before the last night in my first family.  Couple of hundred meters from the sea, couple of meters from the swimming pool, not too bad!

THURSDAY: Time to relax in Laurieton.  Ocean and the swimming pool, that's all you need, right?

FRIDAY: Exploring Laurieton and souvenir shopping, wait to see my blazer after this week!

SATURDAY: Leaving Laurieton after a nice swim in the sea with my brother: six o'clock, grey landscape, cold, ridiculously windy and pouring rain, lets say it was a refreshing experience.  FUN! :D

SUNDAY: After a great time in my first family we'll head to the zoo as we couldn't go yesterday (not that we didn't try; it has been raining and it was flooding there, and as we have a normal little hire car there's no way getting over the 40cm water...).  My family leaves after our time in the zoo, see you in 4,5 months!! (:

In the next post I'll send all the photos.  Just to be nice and not to block the whole thing; soooo many photos. :)

Tired,

Liisa

No comments:

Post a Comment