Wednesday, April 25, 2012

DAY 8

DAY 8

"The day everyone has been waiting for! We'll snorkel the Outer Barrier Reef, the marine biologist on board will inform us about the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef, and we'll also be able to view coral from a glass bottom boat.  bunking at Cairns"

Waking up from a bed, what a feeling!  This morning we were getting ready to go on a cruise to the outer barrier reef.  This was one of the most amazing days in my life, no doubt about that.  We got to do a 15 minute introductory dive and go snorkeling.  And of course just relax and sunbathe on the sundeck.  I've never ever done scuba diving before but I was really exited to try.  I don't think we had quite enough time to get used to the equipment and different environment as it was the first time for everyone.  Of course I understand that there were lots of people and we only had limited amount of time, but some people freaked out when the teachers started to press them under the water and asked to remove the mouth piece where all the air came from.  I was one of those people.  It's weird because I do know that it is fairly safe and the instructors obviously knew what they were doing.  All things together were just too much, thought of going 7m under water with a lot of weights on, yesterdays leaking mask in mind.  My brain just kept telling me that I can't get enough air, and when I'm carrying something really heavy and someone pushes me underwater and forces me to be there, I'll drown.  A quick trip to the surface and few tears later I was ready to try again.  Lucky I did.  There are no words to describe what I saw, it was so great.  I didn't see a shark or get to swim with a turtle like many people did, but other than that I had the greatest experience.  Amazing what nature creates.




By Bailee Jerger

I'm so happy that I get to experience this all with people I love.  Will be hard to leave this country and realize we don't live next door anymore.  :/


And the night in Cairns, look what we discovered!  Home sweet home.  :P


One of the favorite days in my  life,


Liisa

No comments:

Post a Comment