Saturday, July 30, 2011

School

Schools here in Australia are very different than schools in Finland.  I’m going to make a little list where I’ll tell some differences, and after that I’ll put some pictures about my school uniform and the school building.
So,

-          In Finland school offers a warm lunch,
-          In Australia you have to bring your own or buy it (It’s quite expensive and is more like a snack)

-          In Finland you can wear whatever you want,
-          In Australia you have to wear a school uniform

-          In Finland all of the schools are public,
-          In Australia there are public schools, catholic schools and private schools

-          In Finland all schools are free,
-          In Australia you have to pay school fees

-       In Finland you go to school by bike or scooter or walking or take a public bus (and so on),
-       In Australia either your parents will take you to school or you’ll use school bus

-         In Finland there are no limitations about how do you look,
-      In Australia (of course not in every school) it’s not allowed to use nail polish or make up or dye your hair

I’m not sure if I’ve told that already, but I will study in catholic school in Singleton.  Next you'll see my school and my school uniform. 




Pullover
Shirt
Skirt

In school we also have to use black leather shoes, so we bought one pair for me.  Those are just normal black leather shoes, but because I usually don't use shoes like that they are a new thing for me, too.

I started school on Thursday (so I've been there for two days :D), and so far it has been very nice.  People there are really friendly and helpful, so I've felt myself welcomed.

More than happy,

Liisa

p.s. I just moved into my first host family and I LOVE them! :)))  My room is really nice and the best thing; I got four sisters!!!  But now I have to get some sleep, I'll tell you more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment