Friday, August 19, 2011

1 / 12

It has been a whole month since I left my home, so ONE MONTH BEHIND, ELEVEN MORE TO GO!  :))  In this post there's no good theme or topic, I just write random things because I want to make a 'I've survived one month' -post... :D

So, sounds really weird, but I can honestly say that I'm not feeling homesick.  I'm really close with my family and I have a lot of good friends back in Finland, so that's pretty odd.  But on the other hand it's really good, because it's easier for me to be here when I'm not thinking my 'old life' all the time.  Hardest thing is to listen my favorite songs, because usually they are strongly connected to someone or some situation.  When I remember those nice memories again - that's when I miss my home most.

I have been a bit sick last few days, and this is one thing I'd like to do in my own country, in my own home and in my own bed.  It's so easy when I'm in home and I say to my mom that I'm sick and I have the same kind of flu as always; she knows what I mean.  And if I say that I'm feeling sick, she knows that I'm really feeling sick because I don't say that without a reason. When I'm here and ask for handkerchiefs because I have a flu , people just make jokes about that.  I can tell you that in that situation you don't find them really funny...

And it's different when you are in home and you know where can you find items you need.  Here it's different because you have to ask a permission to use their blow drier; you can't just lock the toilets door and dry your hair. Or if you need some personal things, it's way harder to ask those in different language from strange people, than ask them from people who you know, or just go to shop by yourself and buy them.

For me life here hasn't been super hard, I mean everything has worked pretty well.  I don't know if I'm really good in English, but I haven't had big problems in speaking it.  I've said couple really stupid things, but nothing serious.  Like when we were in shops last weekend I said that 'Now I'll go and watch the shoes.'  My host mum just laughed and asked me what are the shoes doing.  And as you can guess, during this week I've heard couple of times jokes about watching things... :D

Greetings from rainy Australia,

Liisa

No comments:

Post a Comment