Monday, August 15, 2011

School rules

On school days there happens usually nothing in my life.  I'd still like to write something, so I thought that maybe I should list few rules from my school.  People who live here or go to catholic school may think that why I'm telling you these, but we don't have these kind of rules in Finland, so for people who live there this is new stuff.  I'm not sure if these are just common rules here, but I'm not used to them and that's why I think few of them are quite funny. :D  I'll copy these straight from my book, so they are very strict.  Yes, we have to follow them, but sometimes we do tiny exceptions.  So:

COLLEGE UNIFORM
- About girls uniform:
- College bucket-hat or cap
- White College shirt
- College jumper
- College skirt -worn just above the knee
- White short length socks
- Navy or black stocking
- Solid, black, polishable, lace-up shoes - NOT boots, platform, ballet, slip-on, Mary-Jane styles

About boys uniform:
- College bucket or cap
- White College shirt
- College tie
- College grey shorts/trousers - shorts worn just above the knee, NOT cords, cargos or jeans
- Black or grey belt - PLAIN buckle
- Grey school socks
- Solid, black, polishable, lace-up shoes - NOT boots, slip-on styles

About sports uniform:
- College shorts and t-shirts
- College trackpants
- College rugby top
- White sports socks
- Joggers or running shoes - predominantly WHITE, NOT canvas, soft slip-ones

GENERAL APPEARANCE
- Students are expected to be NEAT and TIDY.  The College uniform should be worn correctly while at College, on excursions, and on the way to and from school.
- Eye make-up MUST NOT be worn.  ONLY clear nail polish is to be worn.
- BOYS - clean shaven at all times

JEWELLERY
- One earring in each ear - plain stud or sleeper only.  Spacers are strongly discouraged
- NO facial piercing
- One silver/gold neck chain concealed by clothing - not offensive or elaborate
- One watch
- One fine silver/gold bracelet or bangle
- One charity band
- One silver/gold ring per hand - not offensive or elaborate
- NO anklets

HAIR
- COLOUR - no colours not natural to hair, e.g. red, green, purple, NO two-toned styles
- STYLES - appropriate to College, haircuts shall not be extreme (i-e. NO undercuts, wedging, dreadlocks, mohawks), rats-tails MUST NOT be visible (i.e. must be tucked into shirt)
- Long hair must be tied back securely for practical lessons (girls AND boys)
- Ornaments must be College tartan, navy, white, black or teal green - limited to bands, simple clips, headbands, ribbons or scrunchies

And one more rule which was told us last week:
- People are not allowed to kiss, hug or cuddle in school area.  This does not affect to my life (in this point my mother gasps of relief :DD), but I still think the rule is pretty strange and funny.

p.s. I've seen five kangaroos so far (I didn't count those stuffed ones from museum...)

Hurrying to the shower,

Liisa

No comments:

Post a Comment