Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Subjects

I started one new subject today, and I noticed that I haven't even told you about those ones I started two weeks ago!

RELIGION 
In my school we have to study religion.  I decided to do only one unit instead of two, which means that I have less religion lessons.  In my religion group we also study about different religions and beliefs, not only catholic. 

MATHEMATICS
There's two math groups; general and advanced.  I have no idea why, but I'm doing advanced.  Yes, I used to be okay in maths back home, but it's quite hard in English because I don't understand half of the words in the tasks...

ENGLISH
There's two groups in English as well, and I'm in the advanced one.  It's a bit hard, because we have been reading Shakespeare's Othello and other old poems, which are usually hard to understand even in your own language.

BIOLOGY
I had to pick up subjects from different lines, and in one line there were biology and legal studies.  Biology isn't my favorite subject, but I didn't want to start legal studies.  But at the moment our topic is Australian biota, so it's more interesting than biology usually is.

VISUAL ART
This was hard decision, because there were drama and visual arts in a same line.  Now I'm very happy that I chose art, because it's a lot of fun, even if I'm not really good in it.

PHOTOGRAPHY
This was interesting subject, because we don't have it in Finland.  I like photographing, so I took it, and so far it has been a good choise.

PDHPE
Personal Development, Health and Physical Education
People call this subject sometimes P.E. but it really is not.  It's theory, and at the moment we are talking about first aid in different situations.

SLR
Sport, Lifestyle and Recreation
This is the subject I started today, because I wanted to fill my free periods with something.  It's more like P.E., except we do theory in this as well.

Good night,

Liisa

No comments:

Post a Comment