Saturday, December 17, 2011

Before Christmas

Home again after having such a great time!  Feels like I was away for several days, but actually I left yesterday morning, unbelievable.  Maybe the fact that we were being busy and didn't sleep properly has something to do with that... I didn't take many photos yesterday because I was so excited about spending time with the other exchange students, but I'm still going to share the few I took.  

Another girl and I brought our gingerbread doughs, and as you can see the recipes in different countries differ from each other. :D  If you want to know how I made mine, just check this.  We had whole lot of cool shapes; including different sized moose, ninjas and a bit more traditional hearts and stars.


Concentrating on the decorations! 








After that we played some games, and just spent time together till we went to Warners bay.  They have a live band performing there every Friday during the daylight saving, so we went there to have dinner and listen some music.  Before coming back and watching movies we went to one of Newcastle's popular beaches to play some touch football; it was my first game so I was really bad, but with nice people it was still great fun! :)

I was just thinking that I'm finally starting to realize that Christmas is getting closer, but after  checking the calendar (which says it's next weekend) I'm taking my words back; definitely doesn't feel like that.

Going to bed smiling after having so good time in Newcastle,

Liisa

P.s. I got almost sunburned today, so I guess we are finally getting summer!  People have been telling that it's the coldest summer in 50 years and that normally it's steaming hot this time of the year, but so far the weather hasn't been too nice.  Didn't rain today - we are getting there! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment