Saturday, May 19, 2012

10 = 5 / 6

Ten months gone, unbelievable!!!  That's actually more than 5/6, as I'm leaving on the 8th instead of the 19th.  Sad.

I did this same kind of thing after 2 months, but as there are so many more things I've done so far I'll make a new list.  Here we go!

So far I've...

- been the only one cycling to school out of 900 people
- practiced eating with chopsticks
- learned what long distance means
- dived on the Barrier Reef
- tried Vegemite several times with same result, yuk
- soaked my camera and noticed it still works
- been polite longer than ever before
- tried chai latte which is a big thing here
- learned that time can actually fly
- sat in a bus over 10 hours in one day
- killed one deadly spider
- met people from more countries than I've been to
- had my first take away hot drink
- been to a mine three times
- had one argument with my host family
ridden a horse 
- had 6 domestic flights
- tried surfing twice
- eaten home delivered pizza
- sat 22 hours in an airplane
- been to NSW, ACT, QLD, NT, SA and VIC, only WA and Tasmania to go
- drank more soft drinks than I did last year in total
- laughed at people when they say grain bread is dark
- had a frog, cockroach and a mouse in my room 
- met only one guy who surfs
- tried grilling marshmallows
- Climbed Uluru
- eaten kiwifruit, mango, paw paw and passion fruit
- had 7 host dogs- learned that some people eat yogurt on porridge 
- made friends to last 
- bought my first Ray-Bans
- built a gingerbread house and noticed it melts in Australia
- had more phones than in the past 8 years in total
- been the 2nd in a school carnival
- noticed that Australian berries are way worse than ours
- saved thousands of photos into my computer
- went to hairdressers once
- lived in five houses, still waiting for one
- gotten sisters, some which I'll keep in touch with when I get home
- drank hot chocolate with marshmallows
- been to the gym in the mornings
- put on way more weight I should have
- tried sushi three times
- made 175 new facebook friends
- had no big troubles with Aussie slang or accent
- mainly slept in a double bed
- spent the greatest three weeks travelling
- bought way too many pairs of shoes
- had my first kebab
- gotten more confident in public speaking
- wore thongs in +2
- said the letters L-I-I-S-A-E-L-O-R-A-N-T-A at least hundred times
- had visitors from home
- eaten peanut butter
- seen more Australia than many Australian people
- wore my school uniform correctly everyday
- noticed that the sun here is nice though dangerous
- seen two sunrises in one week
- seen kangaroos, echidnas, possums, koalas and emus
- eaten crumpets
- had too many mosquito-hunting-events in the middle of the night
- taught numerous Finnish words to different people
- sent more post cards than ever before
- lived in a tent for three weeks
- ordered junk food from drive-thru
- overslept twice on school mornings but still made it to school in time
- eaten pavlova
- met heaps of awesome people
- SURVIVED

So that's my 10 months, less than 50 day to go,

Liisa

P.S. So we're heading to the Blue Mountains early tomorrow morning, you'll see photos on Monday! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment