Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Blue Mountains

We visited the famous Blue Mountains, one more thing from my bucket list. (:  At first it was only meant to be the couple who are hosting me at the moment and I, but after we found out there were free beds (this was late Saturday night and we were going before 8am Sunday morning) I was asked if I wanted to invite a friend.  The ironic thing is that Bec and I were planning this trip with different people for months, and now it all happened; with less than half on hour planning.  How efficient are we!  :D


Famous landmark, the Three Sisters:




This is a railway that takes people to the bottom of the Valley.  Looks like average ride right, well take a look at the tree trunks and the angle between them and the carriage.  Steepest incline 52 degrees.  Average, aye?


After being as low as possible we went across the sky.  Just a normal day! :D


And then some pretty waterfalls.


The whole day was filled up by climbing stairs.  And we didn't even do the big stairs to the bottom of the Valley!


Let me present you, Blue Mountains. (:



And after couple more steps, another waterfall.  (: 


And this is something I'd call 'the edge'.  


Fabulous nature.



If I lived in Australia and was feeling homesick, this is the place I'd go to. It's not like we have waterfalls and views like that everywhere, but it's really green, it gets cold during winter, and they  seemed to partly have autumn colors too.  Felt more like home than our trip to snow which is pretty extraordinary. 

An amazing trip with such an amazing people to one of Australia's many amazing places! (:

Lucky,

Liisa

No comments:

Post a Comment