Sunday, May 27, 2012

Crazy little things

I've been asked sooo many times lately am I looking forward going home.  Well, I love Australia and being here, but doesn't the question already answer itself?  Going home.  H-o-m-e.  Of course I do.  

But I'm not going to write this only to fill up space or entertain you. As I'm now missing things in Finland, I will most likely miss my second home as soon as I leave.  :D  This will hopefully remind me what I should be happy about, what I was missing while I was away.

So besides people, what is there to look forward?

My home. 
My room.
My bed.

Three really good ones.

Spring.
Summer.
Autumn.
Winter.

The first warm day after winter.  The smell of melting snow.  Sun.
First swim.  Sitting outside during the night.  Light all day round.
Colors. Trees dropping leaves.  Dark nights.  The smell of cold air.
First snow.  Darkness.  Candles.  Sitting in front of living fire.

Stability.

Unpacking my bags and knowing I can stay.  No need to impress the people I live with.  Being fully myself with good, but also bad sides. Being able to plan future further than next week.  Not feeling like guest in home.  Not needing to pack and move.  Knowing I'm home.

Freedom.

Being trusted at all times.  Going for a walk in the dark alone.  Not asking permission for everything.  Being independent.  

Routine.

Going to school to study.  Spending weekends to relax.  Deciding about my life without someone else  telling me what they thought I'd do.  Eating proper food at 11am and 5pm.   

Understanding.

Having people who know me.  Who understand me when I say nothing. Who can tell when I'm not feeling good.  Who know my values and respect them.  Not being foreign and amusing people by doing things differently

Rest.

Having free weekends. Having a sleep in, not one where you're supposed to wake up before 8am. Being Finnish; not needing to talk to everyone I see without it being rude, being quiet without it being awkward.


I love Australia. but this is why I like the thought about going home.

Getting deep,

Liisa

No comments:

Post a Comment