Wednesday, October 19, 2011

3 / 12 = 1 / 4

Quarter of my year: gone.  Seriuosly.  A QUARTER!

That means I only have nine months left, and also that I only have one more month with my current family :'(  Obviously I will see them sometimes because we live in a small city, and they've already promised that we can still do things together even when I live somewhere else.  Anyway, I'm not looking forward moving to the next family, and I can't stop myself counting days to that.  How funny is that; I don't miss my own family yet, but I miss the one I'm living with.  Great.

I sound so depressed and that wasn't my point.  I'm just so happy with this family, and moving to the next means I have to start everything again.  I have to give a good first impression, explain why I don't eat meat, adopt all different rules and habits, get to know my "family", tell the story of my life, and last but not least; move all my stuff there... Phew.

I guess that didn't make me sound happier so now I stop complaining. 

I thought that the weekend to come is free, but no; I'm having a Rotary weekend from Friday to Sunday.  It's different than the last ones, because it's not for exchange students.  There will be about 30 people from my Rotary club, so not many people in my age.  We are going to Wellington, which is well known because of the phosphate mine and huge caves.  I'm actually kinda looking forward that; I just know that I'll be really tired on Sunday night when we are coming back, and there's whole school week coming, and Rotary weekend again and another school week to live through... But if I forget the fact that I have to sleep sometimes, yay!  My whole host family number two is going too, so I hope to get to know them better and find out that they are nice.

After this week I'll know everything about mining, because tomorrow there's a Rotary trip to Singleton mines.  That'll be really interresting, and it's good to know more about the mines because they are a huge business here.

Quarter done, three more to go,

Liisa

No comments:

Post a Comment