Friday, October 28, 2011

The cake


Super quick post about the cake I made.  So we are having the International night tonight and everyone needs to cook something from their country.  We don't have any good foods, so I decided to cheat.  (Good option he he...)  I made a baked cheesecake, which has nothing to do with Finland, and decorated it with berries and Finnish chocolate.  Felt really weird to go to grocery store and pay 15 bucks for a bowl of berries.  First time I needed to buy them... 


This is one of my best recipes so I'll share it with you :) 

Ingredients:
250 ml biscuits (I use digestives)
50g butter
50 ml sugar
1 tsp vanilla sugar

200 g cream cheese
100 ml sugar
1,5 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp vanilla sugar
2 tbsp corn starch
150 ml cream
2 eggs

- Cut the right sized circle out of baking paper and place that to the tin

- Mix the firs four ingredients 
- Press the mixture into the tin


- Whip the cream 
- Separate the yolks and whites
- Whip the whites
- Mix all the other ingredients
- Add whipped cream to the mixture
- Gently add the whipped whites
- Pour into the tin


- Bake in 150 °C for 1 - 1,5 hours, or until fully baked

- DECORATE!!!! :)) (my favorite part)



This is my mum's specialty, but also works when I do it.  I hope.  

Have a good weekend,

Liisa

2 comments: