Monday, October 31, 2011

Monday in Newcastle

I just had an amazing day in Newcastle with three of my host sisters. :)

After having a breakfast at one nice little cafe, we took a ferry ride.


Then we climbed quite a few steps to this tower.  The view from there was nice, even though the plastic windows were really scratched and dirty.





After that 'exercise' we bought ice creams.  Vanilla cookie & Violet crumble, yum!



Then we went to the beach.  A bit different beach visit than usually, but with that weather I rather just walk instead of sunbathing...  The wind was quite hard, so the waves hit the breakwater with a lot of force.  We wanted to go to the end of the breakwater, so we needed to run through certain parts because we didn't want to get wet.  That technique didn't work as perfectly as it could have; my shoes are all covered with salt, my hair is sticky and I taste like ocean.  Anyway that was the best part of my day, and I haven't screamed and laughed like that for a while :D









After that we had lunch in Subway (I love it!) and walked around in the shops.  I found really nice big wallet, which I've already been hunting for a while.  

The Picture below is from a wall of an old building.  I thought it was really cool, so my host sister nicely asked people if they could move because I', from Finland and I'd like to take a photo.  That was pretty embarrassing, but luckily they just laughed, and I got my picture. :)


Had a great time,

Liisa

No comments:

Post a Comment