Thursday, October 20, 2011

Singleton mines

Today after school Rotary people took me and my host sister to mines in Singleton.  We don't really have mining back home, so it was really interesting to get more information about it.  (Though I still haven't decided if I like it or not...)  As you can see the mine we visited is huge, and actually pretty close to the city.

The trucks you can see in this photo are huuuge; you can put 4700 liters of fuel in them.  They cost 4 million dollars each, and  the maximum capacity of coal is 230t, and after they are fully loaded their maximum speed is 55km/h.  
The price for this machine is 160 million dollars, ouch.




Tomorrow I'll leave from school a bit earlier and head to Wellington (check my previous post), so now I would need to pack my luggage and take a shower.  But the only thing I'm planning at the moment is go straight to bed.  Hmm...

Sleepy,

Liisa

No comments:

Post a Comment