Thursday, January 26, 2012

Australia Day

Happy Australia Day!!!  So instead of the traditional beach + barbie, I had a bit different Australia Day.  (Not saying I was the only one not going to the beach, thanks to the amazing weather...) Anyway, I started my day by waking up at 5.45, skyping to my family and getting ready to the Rotary breakfast.  We started cooking at our Civic center at 7.30, and kept going for good 1,5 hours.  After that there was a ceremony for new and rewarded citizens where I sat till till 11.45.  After that we came home, and I enjoyed being the only kid in the family as my host sisters were in Newy and Sydney celebrating with their friends.  After the lunch we decided to go to the Vineyards with my host mum; what a nice trip! :)








And I bought two more cards to add to my collection! :)



Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi,

Liisa

P.S.  Tonight (just to make sure that everything is as nontraditional as possible) I cooked the dinner to my host family for the first time!  And if you were wondering, everyone's still alive and relatively happy considering the situation.  haha :P

No comments:

Post a Comment