Saturday, January 21, 2012

Sydney again

Just came back from Terrigal, phew!!  After the last farewell party I caught the train to Gosford, where from my host family number two picked me up. After spending the Thursday in Terrigal we drove to Sydney on Friday morning, and spent the whole day there.

First we went to the Luna Park, which is an old amusement park in the harbor.




From these photos you might be able to realize the location.  So in the first one Luna Park is in the left , then there's Harbor Bridge and in the right side you see the Opera House. 




After couple of hours there we went to have dinner, and then to the Sydney Observatory.  The night was really cloudy which was a shame, but I still really enjoyed the visit.  Through the A1 class telescope we saw Jupiter and its four moons called the Galilean moons (As you see I seriously focused!! :P).  I love the stars so I would have wanted to see them through the telescope, but we had a really good guide, so instead of seeing them I heard a really interesting presentation.  Almost as good.  :)


Pretty good view from the Observatory hill!



Sydney night life! :))




I'll write you more tomorrow,

Liisa

P.S. Exactly one month before my family comes to Australia!! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment