Sunday, January 22, 2012

Hard times

Yesterday the outbounds started their adventure.  It is great that we all got the opportunity to do this, but I'm already missing them a lot.  I don't even know how, but some of them became super important to me in just couple of months time.  But I haven't missed my friends back home too much, so I was really surprised how hard it was for me to let these new friends go.  I guess it's because we are all in the same situation doing the same thing so we understand each other better than people usually would, and on the other hand we are never going to see each other again as a group.  Though we have already started planning a gathering when we inbounds get back home.  At least all the European people could see each other then.  But still!

I'm not getting depressed or anything, I've just had couple of surprisingly hard days lately.  And yes I do know better than well that I should just be really happy for them, but losing, even though only temporarily,  half of your friends is not fun.  Don't get me wrong, I wish all the outbounds the greatest experience possible, hundreds of new friends and thousands of happy memories.  It is the start of their amazing exchange, and they sure do deserve the greatest year ever.  

I know that there are still a lot of inbounds here who I love spending time with, so it's not that I'm left totally alone.  I just can't get over it that half of our group just left.  Means less fun, less action, less everything.

Finally got to write all that down, phew starting to feel a bit better.  I seriously can't understand my problem here, because there obviously shouldn't be one! The next post won't be this dejected, I promise :D  

Trying hard to be happy for the last week of holiday,

Liisa

No comments:

Post a Comment