Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Lists

About a year ago, I made lists about all the things I needed to do before I left the country.  History's repeting itself, I'm doing the same now.

In Rotary, they have a rule that as you arrive to a country they'll take your passport, and when it's time for you to leave you'll get it back.  I can't say that's the right way to function in my opinion, but I can see the reasons behind it so fare enough.  I asked to get my passport back already because I thought there might have been some problems with it.  That's because the person who took it from me was my first councellor who passed away during the year.  Luckily it was all pretty well organized, and I got my passport back the beginning of this week.  At the same time I also got all my important papers: visa, banking papers and the first flying tickets. 

I thought I'd organize all of this now, and therefore went to the bank to make some changes to my accounts.  That's because another rule Rotary has, is that when you arrive to the country, you have to open a bank account with $400 in it.  It's supposed to be an emergency account, meaning if something goes wrong that's the first place the money will be used from.  Luckily enough that account has been untouched, so now I'll get my money back.  I wanted to get it a bit earlier as well, partly because of the same problems as described above, but also because now I can do my last purchases with that money, and also use it in case I have something I need to send home separately (very likely option).

We also organized a day for me to have a dinner with my second host family, because I thought would be nice to catch up with everyone before I go.  Many exchange students have big BBQs for all the families, but as I've had so many of them it's easier to meet everyone separately.  Try to go and find a day that would be fine for five different groups of people, especially when some of them are reallly busy.  As easy as it sounds, didn't work.  :P  I will hopefully see my first family couple of times before I go, but the third one is hard (the one I moved out from early) as they are not in Singleton anymore.  And the fourth one I'll see a lot too, actually we'll be going to Sydney next week! (:

I should start thinking of what to buy to take home.  I haven't even given it a thought yet, though would be incredible useful as my time is running out... :/

There is no hurry with it yet, but I should also print my ticket back.

And what else, should do a test packing.  Easy as...

It has started to feel like there's not much time left.  But I'm not stressing too much yet, still quite a few days before I'll have to say good-byes!

Planning, thinking, listing,

Liisa

No comments:

Post a Comment