Thursday, June 21, 2012

Second life

I'm still not quite sure if I've realized that I will soon be leaving this country to go to home. 

Lately I've come to notice that I seriously have two homes now.  I was talking to my friends in Facebook, and half of the people can't wait for the 8th of July, while the other half hopes that THE day would be further away.  That's why it feels bad to leave, though on the other hand I can't wait to get home. 

Mixed feelings, that's what this is.  It's actually worse than when I was leaving home; then I didn't know where I was going to, but I knew I would be back in a year.  Now I know what I'm leaving behind, and also the fact that I don't know when I get to come back.

The first ones from our exchange group have already left to fly home, but still, as weird as it sounds, I feel like it won't be my destiny.  But it will.  It's just unbelievably hard to think of leaving.  I mean if you decide to move and start life somewhere else, you move your life there.  Simple.  But what if you moved and left your first life, then went and created another one.  That equals two lives, the point when it all gets complicated.  Oh, I so wish one morning I wake up and Australia has moved next to Finland.  Would seriously make my life so much easier!

Waiting for that morning,

Liisa

No comments:

Post a Comment