Sunday, June 10, 2012

Wedding

One of my sisters got married yesterday, what a day!

I didn't take my camera so I didn't need to carry anything around the whole day, but i can tell you it was a great wedding.  Many people asked how was it compared to Finnish weddings, so I tried to compare the two.  I think it's because of the church we go to with this family is really casual that the formal part of the wedding wasn't stiff at all.  Here church is definitely a community, families go together, you get to know new people.  It's more active here I think, like they make a timetable so everyone gets to read a text when it's their turn, and after church everyone stays to chat to people and eat something small (it's different people's duty to take care of that every week as well).  

So the atmosphere of the wedding was really friendly and casual.  The priest knew my family well from church and was cracking jokes in the middle of the ceremony; haven't seen that in Finland!

But the concept was the normal; formal part in church, then reception to celebrate the new couple.

Beautiful location, beautiful weather, beautiful bride, beautiful new married couple.  (:  Everything worked and it was a great day in every way.   It was interesting as well, though I was a guest, I was also part of the family, so got to see a bit of the organizing too.  




One sister married, three more to go!  :P

Liisa

No comments:

Post a Comment