Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Opera House

We went on a tour to the Opera House, and this is a bit more detailed post about it.  It was just the basic tour, but it ended up being better than I ever imagined.  We went to three of the different venues they have; the Playhouse, the Concert Hall and the Opera Theatre.  I didn't know much about the Opera House to start with, so it was great to get to see the different venues and learn about the history a bit better.  The best part of the entire tour and my whole day actually, was definitely the visit to the Cencert Hall, because the Sydney Symphony Orchestra was rehearsing and we were allowed to listen for them to play for a while.  The acoustics are just amazing, unlike anywhere I've been before.  The tour was amazing, and the only down side was that it just made me more sad in front of the fact that I won't get to see a performance there.  

Couple of photos from inside.  We weren't allowed to photograph during most of the tour, so I only have couple of shots, and therefore added those links to different venues so you could take a better look.  (:




After that we walked to the Hyde Park.


And then drove to the Northern Beaches, here's the Palm Beach.



Busy, busy day,

Liisa

No comments:

Post a Comment