Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Home sweet home

Just got up in my own bed.  Ahh what a feeling after not much sleep in a long while.  :P

This post is to let everyone know that I'm home safe and sound, though after an unforgettable trip.  My visa had expired (I got it for a year but it wasn't quite a full year which I never noticed before) and our last plane got delayed heaps so we ended up spending 12 quality hours in Frankfurt and got home soooo much later than we were supposed to.  40 hour trip, niceeee.  

And the visa, that was the biggest shock.  I just assumed it would be fine till the 19th or something, because that's what I got it for.  Turns out it had expired on the 6th, which LUCKILY was only two days before I traveled.  It still gives me chills when I think about it.  Because if I had flown 24 hours later (which would have been three days after the visa finished) my trip back to Australia would have become extremely hard if not impossible.  Now I have a little note there saying that I've been a tiny bit of trouble, but it should still be possible for me to go back.  Phew.  It seriously freaks me out; I got a second home but I wouldn't have been allowed to go back ever in my life.  I don't even want to think about it!  :/

So the final conclusion: I got home safely, all my luggage did too, and I'm now with my own family in my own home.  Life couldn't be much better.  (:

Happy happy happy,

Liisa

No comments:

Post a Comment