Monday, July 23, 2012

Waffles


We often used to have waffles when I was a kid, so I thought I would find a nice recipe and put it here.  Quick and easy and hard to mess up.  :D

3 eggs
0,5 l milk
400 g of flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla sugar
3 tbsp sugar
50-100 g cream / butter
(Some oats)
(Some lemon juice)

Whip the eggs slightly and add milk.


Add all dry ingredients:  flour and baking powder...


...and sugar and vanilla sugar.


Also mix in cream or melted butter.  I chose cream, only reason being that we didn't have enough butter.  :P


This is just my own additional step, I some times mix in oats.  I just like it better like that, you can decide to try it too, or just skip the whole thing and move to the next step. 


At this point you can leave the mixture to rest for a bit.  I left it for about 15 minutes still time, sometimes in hurry I don't, but pretty much every recipe tells to do it.  

Now is also a good time to check the texture and flavors.  If after resting the mixture is super thick, just add some milk to make it slightly runny again, if not thick enough add flour.  I added some lemon juice and bit of sugar and salt because I thought it tasted like nothing.  It all depends what you like and what you're going to serve them with.  But don't stress it won't taste like much even if it was correctly done, but at least you'll see if you added salt instead of sugar... :D

Heat up the waffle iron.


Add a little touch of butter so your waffles will come off easily when they're ready.


Add a layer of your waffle mixture


Wait till golden brown.


Lift off, add a tiny bit of butter and add some mixture again.  Repeat till none is left.

Serve waffles with pretty much whatever you feel like.  My pick was blueberries, some milk chocolate and sweet whipped cream.  Also jam, ice cream, banana and other berries work well.  Let your imagination fly!  (:


Yum,

Liisa

No comments:

Post a Comment