Saturday, July 7, 2012

No joke

Ok.  Today was my last day in Australia and I'll fly out tomorrow.  

I just feel like adding "haha jokes", but then I realize that what I just wrote is true.  That's how unreal it feels.  I'm leaving tomorrow.  

I've had the most amazing year, and what makes this really hard is that I've actually started feeling home even though I'm so far from everything that used to be all I had in my life.  New families, new friends, new country; and I feel like I belong here.  

It honestly makes me so unbelievably sad that I'm leaving, mostly because Finland and Australia are quite far apart (in other words, on the other sides of the world).  When I left home I knew I would be back in a year, now I can't make any promises.  I wish I could be back in about three years time, but seriously, who knows.

Earlier tonight I got home from spending the night with my Australian family.  We had a great night, though it ended up in tears.  But no surprise there, I'm starting to get used to it.  Fun and tears and fun again.  I guess that's life.

One more sleep, and next time I'll wake up from my own bed,

Liisa

No comments:

Post a Comment