Saturday, November 19, 2011

4 / 12 = 1 / 3

Today has been the biggest day so far, because:
- I've been away for four months
- I've spent one third of my year
- I moved to my second family

And besides all that, in Finland there's a thing called name day, and today is mine.  In calender there's names for every single day, and when it's the day with your name it's called your name day, and it's like a little celebration.  Anyway, that wasn't the biggest thing today so I'm moving on... :D

After having a nice lunch with my second host family, we came to my new home.  They have been showing to me where everything is, and I'm just unpacking my bags (the most ridiculous thing to do, is to spend two days packing everything and then unpacking them all the next day = heaps of work).  This house is about 10 km from downtown, and my room is super nice (I'm going to send pictures about it tomorrow).

There's definitely nothing wrong with this family or especially with this house, it's just really confusing to think that I'm not just visiting, I'll live here for these three months.  These are not just new strange people, they will be my family for a while.  And that I can actually unpack my bags, because this is where I'll stay; my room, my bed, my closet.

I like it when I get to know new people all the time, but it's not always that easy; I bet it's almost impossible for other people to understand the feeling when you go to live into a strange place, and when you finally get to know the family you live with and the way they do things, you move away.  And you have to start everything again, straight from the beginning. I wrote it like it would be really bad thing, it's not, I'm just trying to make you get the feeling I'm having at the moment.

Now I'm really tempted by my super soft double bed, so I'll write more tomorrow.

Good night, 

Liisa 

No comments:

Post a Comment