Saturday, November 5, 2011

Art work

This year's year 12 are just finishing their HSC exams.  They are four hour exams, the ones you have to pass to finish school.  In art there's HSC work, which is a huge piece of art.  It can be anything fitting into the weight and space limit.  Basically that means you can do anything you want; paintings, photographing, drawing, graphic design, clothes, or a collection of works which includes different techniques.  There's almost a whole year, so the work needs to be something where you can see the effort.  

I'm doing art and I have to do the HSC work as well.  I won't be here when we have to hand them in, so I'll just do it and take it with me to home. That is a big limitation, because it cannot be anything big or heavy.  I was having a conversation with my art teacher, and at the moment my idea is to do a collection of my photos from the nature and tourist attractions of Australia. That means it'll include close-up photos from plants and maybe landscapes, and then attractions like Harbor bridge, Great barrier reef and Ayers rock. I'll use many pictures from my blog, and because of that safari I'm going to I'll see a lot of places and hopefully get many good pictures. Then I'll take loads of cardboard and fold it up, so it'll be a super long zigzag.  My teacher said that I need to have maybe 250 photos, and they can go from my arrival to the end of my year.  So while being my HSC work, at the same time it'll be a story about my journey.  I'm really exited about this idea, and I can't wait to start!


And one more thing!  Thank you to my Finnish friends for sending me so many messages, they make me feel important and loved.  You make my days even brighter. : )

Sunbather,

Liisa

No comments:

Post a Comment