Monday, November 28, 2011

Terrigal

Finally the post about my weekend!  I was really busy doing my school work and talking to my family last night so that's my excuse being late with this.

So, the place where we spent our weekend is called Terrigal; it's a town at the Central Coast, with population less than 10 000.  It turned out to be my favorite place in Australia so far.  Terrigal was the first place where I've been, where a lot of the people spend their time at the beach and surf, where everything has something to do with the sea, where you can walk bare feet everywhere without being weird, where everything seems to be very relaxed; that kind of place foreigners think the whole Australia is like. I got a bit annoyed that I live in Singleton when I could as well be living in a place like that; even though living in a town where every second person looks like a super model could be a bit challenging.

From my photos you can't see the whole place, and that's why I'll put this one here as well.  Nice, isn't it! :)

http://images1.au.reastatic.net/456x342/props/402566979/Main@20Feature/20101111111555.jpg

We drove to Terrigal on Friday morning and it was raining almost the whole way there, so we decided to go to one of the shopping centers.  It was still rainy on the Saturday morning so we ended up doing a bit more shopping in the other huge shopping mall.  Many of the shops' windows were decorated with Santa Clauses and reindeer and snow, even though it's getting hotter and hotter all the time.



For the rest of our weekend the weather was good, and we went to all the little surfing and clothing shops and just spent time at the beach.  From these photos you can't see the beach properly but it is there!







The big rock in the last photo is called 'The Skillion' and it's the main land mark of Terrigal, offering amazing views.  We went there when it was dark, which actually was one of the best thing during the whole weekend.  Finally it was dark and cool and I saw the stars.  I loved it, maybe because here I'm not allowed to go out when it's dark, when back home that's something I do for the half of the year.

Reaching for the stars,

Liisa

No comments:

Post a Comment