Thursday, November 24, 2011

A month until Christmas

It keeps raining, even though not as badly as yesterday.  There's still something to look forward; only one month till Christmas!  Or actually one month and a day until the day people here have their celebration; here the day for it is 25th, but for some reason back home we celebrate beforehand, on 24th.  It doesn't feel like Christmas in the middle of all this darkness and snowlessness (I bet that's a word...) though.  But it'll be one more experience, that's for sure, and that's exactly the reason I'm here so I'm not complaining.  I just love the Christmas we have, they way it has been for last 16 years.

I'm not going to school tomorrow, because my host family wants to take me to Terrigal, which seems to be a nice little place right next to the beach. We'll stay there for the whole weekend and come back probably on Sunday night.  It doesn't look like it's going to be a nice beach weather, but there's big shopping centers nearby so I'm sure we'll have something to do.  I'll write about that trip as soon as I can, but there will be a few days break so you don't wonder what's happening. :)

Looking forward packing tomorrow morning,

Liisa

P.s. It has been the first week when there's more Australian readers than Finnish ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment